Google+ StrebeDesigns: Very Cool Stuff tool container

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Very Cool Stuff tool container


I am really tired of looking at all the soup cans, peanut butter jars and other boring things that hold my crafting tools.  So I am on a mission to replace them one by one with arty, rustic polymer clay containers.  This one is my entry in the September PCAGOE challenge "Fun with ABCs" .  Since I have been putting corny/cute sayings on my containers, I figured why not use one as an entry.  I am really enjoying getting back to my artistic roots of painting with these newer pieces.  This is done with acrylic paint, alcohol inks, and chalk inks applied to a white polymer clay base.

This container is about 5 1/2" tall and holds some of my favorite tools.  Ball tools for sculpting and shaping, Christi Friesen tools, texture rollers and Sculpey Etch "n Pearl.  The container says "Very Cool Stuff" on the front and "Creative Zone" on the back. The sailboat comes from one one of my own stamps.  Sailboats are significant in my life; I sailed with my favorite uncle as a kid so the sailboat reminds me of him.  That makes this more special to look at while I am creating.

In progress view before the colors are applied.  You can see my toothpick holder and other sculpting tools containers (click on the photo for an enlarged view). These are made from ecru polymer clay and it is harder to get bright colors over tinted clay, but I do like the muted pastel-look you can achieve.


The back of the "Very Cool Stuff" container:


Another one just finished, for a smaller ball tools set:


My work area is getting cheerier every day!  
Thank you so much for stopping by.





2 comments:

  1. I love these containers Betsy! And it's clear to see that you are having fun getting back to your painting style... the results are just so lovely! As a friend and spectator, it's been fun to watch where your art is taking you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Beth. I have really cherished your support over the last few years, while I go through all my "periods". *hugs*

      Delete