Google+ StrebeDesigns: Song Birds Tiny Tin Shrine

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Song Birds Tiny Tin Shrine


I love Laurie Mika's shrines! For the second year in a row she has taught a wonderful class on shrines in the Polymer Clay Adventure Retreat and this year she taught subscribers how to make a tiny tin shrine from an Altoid tin! I was so excited to make one, and what came about is my Song Birds tiny tin shrine! Thank you Laurie!!

The majority of the decorative work is polymer clay framing the wonderful graphics by GalleryCat! (Thanks again to Laurie Mika for the reference to this shop).  The beautiful birds are embellished with a few jewels and charms and titled "song birds" "chirp" and "tweet".   This was so much fun, more to come for sure.

Oh! I can't share how I made this, because the retreat is a paid subscription. If you would like to learn how click here to the access the retreat sign up page.  It is a great deal for $99, so many incredible artists. I find one of the best things about these seasoned artists is how they all share very helpful tips as well as their technique and creative genius.  There is also a Quilted Adventure and an Art Jewelry Adventure ... so much fun! 


3 comments:

  1. I love this piece, Betsy!! Cute, fun and beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this piece! I really enjoyed Laurie's class, but I haven't had a chance to explore the theme the way you have. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete